Desktop Publishing Fonts
Fonts with this symbol are installed on the computer and can be used in programs such as Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign - Photoshop etc. The DTP fonts are available in OpenType files and usually contains specific characteristics (OT Features) which give additional capabilities in design and use.
Installation instructions in Mac environment
You can either install the fonts through the font management program (Font Book, Suitcase) either directly to your computer - see user manual.
Below is proposed to directly install the system.
• Close all your open applications.
• Open the folder that contains the fonts.
• Select the files of the fonts you want to install. You can even drag the entire folder Fonts folder containing fonts.
• Drag the files (or control click / copy items) in the fonts folder inside the folder Library (paste items). In this folder fonts are available to all local users of the computer.
• Drag the files (or control click / copy items) in the Fonts folder inside the folder (User name / Library / Fonts (paste items).
In this folder fonts are available only to that user and not to other computer users.
Installation instructions in Windows environment
We recommend installing only one format — OpenType, TrueType, or PostScript — of a font. Installing two or more formats of the same font may cause problems when you try to use, view, or print the font.
• Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel Note:
In Windows XP, choose Start > Control Panel Double-click the Fonts folder.
• Choose File > Install New Font.
• Locate the fonts you want to install.
• In the Drives list, select the drive and the folder containing the fonts you want to install.
• In the Folders list, select a folder that contains the fonts you want to install. (Make sure you have unzipped them first.) The fonts in the folder appear under List of Fonts.
• Select the fonts to install. To select more than one font, hold down the CTRL key and click each font.
• To copy the fonts to the Fonts folder, make sure the Copy fonts to the Fonts folder check box is selected.
• Click OK to install the fonts.